Tuesday 6 November 2012

Top 10 Tuesday: Favourite book covers

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is... free choice! I've decided to choose my favorite book covers, and I think they're all really gorgeous. But just so you know, there aren't any Paranormal or Dystopia or Fantasy covers included, because a, I'm not an avid reader of these genres, and b, I find most of them pretty repetitive and over-used. So, without further ado...


1. The Waiting Sky by Lara Zielin

I go on and on about this cover all the time and I've even mentioned it my friends. It's just lovely and really captures what the story is about.










2. Hold Still by Nina Lacour

This cover is from the paperback edition and is freaking beautiful. The colors, the way the font appears to be moving and staying still at the same time, the girl's position, and the way she looks a lot like the main character, Caitlin, makes it perfect. Also, readers of the book will know that this fits a scene in the book...








3. Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma

I haven't read this one, but that cover has really caught my attention. It's so spooky-looking and a bit creepy, really, but it's also really beautiful.










4. The Summer of Skinny Dipping by Amanda Howells

I think this one really captures the essence of what Mia becomes in the novel: carefree, happy and in love. The beach fits the summer theme and the font is unobtrusive but important. 









5. But I Love Him by Amanda Grace


The cover of "But I Love Him" is thoughtful, intense and sharp. I love the effect that the glass makes in the sharp of the jagged heart, and the font is quite creepy. The colors are lovely.









6. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick


This one screams "summer!" in a good way. In the best possible way, actually. The couple are obviously highly attractive (they always are on books), but I love the way the light falls on them, what the fence implies (love implication, ya'll) and the sun looks very pretty.







7. Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill


This one is so pretty, I could put this on my wall. Everything about is gorgeous: the rainbow effect, the London background, and the way the couple are standing. Top marks!









8. The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler


This one is SO CUTE. The writing, the flower, the heart-shaped pages, they're all freaking perfect. This one is like a cupcake in book cover format!









9. Sweethearts by Sara Zarr


This one is heartbreaking. The tagline makes me ache, and the heart with the bite is just so beautiful and painful. 










10. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson


This is the hardcover edition, and I think this one is SO GORGEOUS, words cannot describe it. The sky, the font, the hearts, I'm in love.










What are your favorite book covers? Happy reading! A xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment